Are you looking for ideas to decorate a youth and small bedroom? Here are 18 great models of youth rooms for small spaces. They also include different solutions to gain a few centimeters, perceive it more spacious and organized.
Colors that best suit small spaces
Light shades with color accents
1. Light tones are the great allies of small spaces when they are used as a base on the walls, they help to perceive more light and make it look wider than it is. Therefore, it is recommended that you inject those boring tones such as white, beige, or gray, for example, to achieve this effect. The good thing about these neutrals is that you can combine them with any other color, they are very versatile and they allow to highlight any other color or colors that you include as a decorative accent, giving life to the space. It is best to include one or two of these colors for a small bedroom.
two. The warm colors for a small room can overwhelm them, for example, imagine a room painted red or orange, it will also look smaller than it is. But there is the option of striking the perfect balance with softer or muted ranges like rust red, for example. These intense colors can be added as a decorative accent, using a neutral tone as a base to balance the space.
3. Also, for the guys who prefer a small and dark bedroom, you have the possibility of adding ash gray or even black on any of the walls and offset that light absorption with shiny metallic elements, artificial lighting or mirrors that maintain the harmony between brightness and small space.
Choosing the furniture for the small and youth room is also important. Keep the bedroom as functional as possible so that they have space to move, only with the furniture they need. If it is possible that they are manufactured in lightweight materials, similar colors and simple design. Visually it will look much better and save a few inches.
Where to locate the bed
Four. The bed area is the bedroom spotlight. This portion of space is very useful when decorating. Put it against the wallThis way you will gain space in the floor area. The bedroom will look bigger. Similarly, include on the headboard the decorative elements most valued by your children, for example, paintings with their favorite artists, a shelf with trophies or ornaments that represent their hobbies.
High Bed to Gain Vertical Space
5. Place a loft bed in the small youth bedroom so you will give it usefulness to the bottom for different uses. Here extra space is added on the first level as a wardrobe and as a study area.
6. A study desk and some shelves to organize books are often indispensable for young people. Groups everything related to studies in a bedroom area thus the space will be more functional and practical. Adding a long table against the wall can be enough to work, to accommodate desk supplies and incorporate some additional books as we see in this small environment.
7. Similarly, for the work or study area, you can seize the wall to include a cute perforated panel with hooks and shelves. As we see in this image, accent tones in black, green and pink are incorporated.
8. A large wardrobe Helps hide clutter and keep the bedroom cleaner. For a bit of organization to the space, include baskets or boxes for smaller items. The furniture’s glossy lacquered finish helps make the bedroom look brighter.
9. A tidy bedroom with everything in place will look more spacious than it is. Here we see a wardrobe with different types of organizers. You can sort and separate lightly used items or smaller items in boxes. As well as others you can add more organizers that group shoes and other necessary clothes and in sight.
10. When you need storage space, what better idea than a bed with low drawers. The position of the bed against the wall and some accent pillows can also serve as extra seating for friends.
eleven. Acquire a modular and custom made furniture It can be expensive, but everything will be adapted to the available space according to the measurements of the bedroom and will include the furniture that is necessary maintaining harmony in the decoration with similar colors as in this design. Here a large structure is created with a loft bed on the second level and a shelf, drawers and a wardrobe are incorporated in the lower part. The side wall is used to include a desk and more drawers. The horizontal wall stripes in peach tone they manage to make the wall look wider than it is.
12. Mirrors are essential for small spaces. Any room it will look bigger and brighter. Choose a free wall and place a large full-length mirror to reflect the light and produce this effect. In this bedroom, in addition to mirrors, are added vertical stickers in metallic finish in decoration, to complement this effect and also to make the walls look wider than they are.
13. The walls with pictures are a great contribution to add warmth to the space and create a beautiful decorative accent or a great focal point in the bedroom. For a youthful and small space, you can occupy a portion of the wall and distribute them symmetrically and with frames that match the bedroom decoration, as we see in this model. Paintings with photos, hobbies, characters or an inspiring theme can achieve a nice finish.
14. Another great option for decorating a youth bedroom is adding a beautiful mural on the wall, which is also works as focal point like in this little room. The combination of black and white generates high contrast, is simple and creates a dose of elegance and depth with the color black. While white adds clarity.
Curtains and Blinds
fifteen. So that the room looks brighter and wider, place blinds, blinds or roller blinds of simple design, thus also creating a modern and youthful effect. Curtains or blinds in dark colors absorb light and the space will look smaller. In this bedroom, satin paint in butter color is also applied, another great option to give a little light to the small space.
16. Having good lighting in a small and youthful bedroom is a great help to achieve a more functional space. Therefore, you can include some lamps in areas such as on the desk, on the bedside table, in the mirror area and other corners if necessary. Similar lamps are added in this room, helping to maintain a unified space.
Small Theme Bedroom
17. A youthful themed room will look great in a small space. Include some accent accessories that double as accent colors and a neutral-toned base. Here we see a large retro painting with colors that are duplicated in the cushions, furniture and other objects, achieving a harmonious finish. [Fuente Imagen]
Seize the Corners
18. Take advantage of the corners of the bedroom by placing some furniture such as shelves or an L-shaped desk as we see in this room model. If you are looking achieve a warmer environment a rug in a solid tone with simple patterns is a great addition.
These were some small youth bedroom models and ideas. A well decorated and organized bedroom will make them feel more comfortable and at ease. This space becomes their refuge where they spend a lot of time studying, sharing with friends, and of course resting.