8 colors for your sofa to survive over the years
The purchase of a sofa is one of the most important investments in furniture that are made in a house and therefore, one of the elements with which you live for longer, so your choice must be made in a very conscious and studied so that it is adaptable to our decorative taste and over time.
One of the basic decisions is in the color of the sofa, if you already have this point clear, although you may not believe it, you have more than half the way done. Any of these color options that we propose will give you enough freedom to adapt to any style just by changing accessories and accents of color, versatility in its purest state!
1. White A white sofa is timeless, it goes with all the styles and you can add in the form of accessories the accents of color that you want according to the season of the year in which you are or even your emotional state of the moment. In addition, it will bring greater luminosity to your living room, reflecting light, whether natural or artificial. The only thing you have to take into account, is to choose a material resistant to stains and that is easy to clean.
2. Cream. This triplet in cream and textured color is an option that offers great versatility. It is a neutral color that offers the possibility to combine both a palette of cool colors such as navy blue, gray and black or with a palette of warm colors such as reds and browns. Like white, it brings luminosity and blends perfectly with any style.
3. Stone color. A light gray combines very well with the warm tones of the wood and being a relatively neutral color, it still presents enough versatility to add a variety of color accents. In addition, it has the advantage that dirt is less noticeable than on a white or cream sofa.
4. Dark gray. A dark gray sofa combines well with the saturated and vibrant colors of the jewel tones (emerald, purple, red, yellow, sapphire blue, tourmaline, turquoise, ...), as well as whites and blacks. It is a color that is current and that will also bring a touch of sophistication in your living room.
5. Dark blue. Another color that will give a sophisticated touch to your space and that combines with a wide variety of neutral tones, such as whites, creams, grays, browns and blacks. You can also mix with brighter colors such as yellow, red or orange depending on the type of decoration you have in mind. It also combines very well with both dark and light wood furniture.
6. Brown. A classic in the color of sofas that for a time now has been relegated by sofas in gray tones. Even so, it is still a very versatile color that brings a lot of style to any space.
7. With subtle print. If a faint print is used the sofa will gain more versatility than if a more intense and marked pattern is used. If in addition this pattern is small, the sofa will look textured.
8. Leather Colors that in another fabric would subtract versatility from the sofa, are totally combinable in leather. As a general rule, a leather sofa does not have to be combined with the room where you are, just like at the time of dressing, a leather jacket does not have to be combined with the dress or suit that is worn.
In summary, if you are one of the people who like to change their decoration very often, stay away from the intense and striking colors because the combinations they offer are more limited and can get tiresome. Use these colors for accents of color in accessories such as cushions, blankets or a single chair.
Once you have decided on the color, everything will be easier and you can devote yourself to thinking about other basic questions before choosing your sofa: 8 things you need to know before buying a sofa.
We especially want to thank Sofa Match for one of the photos that you have left us to make this report, an online store where you can customize the color of your design sofa!