Today I will share with you some easy crafts for quarantine, easy crafts for quarantine – pots with cardboard containers, paper lamps or lampshades crafts, decorative tassels crafts for this quarantine, paper flower crafts during this quarantine.
In this quarantine season, it can be difficult to keep busy, and if you have young children, you must find ways to take advantage of the free time at home, this is why today I share you easy quarantine crafts, this way you can spend more time with your children.
The crafts that I will share with you below are very easy to do, and you can use your ingenuity to give them your personal touch, you will only occupy things that you commonly have in your house, so you have no excuse not to do any of these crafts during quarantine.
Easy quarantine crafts – cardboard pots
Easy quarantine crafts- pots with cardboard containers, This is a very easy craft that you can do with your children.
- First look for different disposable containers for example milk or juice.
- You must cut the upper part to be accessible, in this way we are going to create a vase with them.
- Remember that these boats resist water so they will serve perfectly as flower pots.
- You can paint the cardboard vases with a spray paint can, if you have a better one around your house.
In the following image you can see the result of this craft, how you can create beautiful flower pots to put your favorite flowers.
Paper lampshades or lamps crafts
Crafts of paper lampshades or lamps, this DIY project in which you can compose a type of candle holder made by yourself with paper lampshades.
- Dilute glue or glue in a little water or make a little paste and cut pieces of colored or white paper,
- You will also occupy balloons which we are going to inflate to use as molds to create our screens.
- We are going to cover the balloon with paper and paste more or less halfway, and we will give it several passes with the glue and the paper.
- After the paper dries, we are going to burst the balloon and we will have a figure as in the following image.
- Finally we can dot the paper lampshades with acrylic, and make some small holes in which we will put the installation of a socket with wiring, to insert our light bulb and create a beautiful pendant lamp.
Decorative tassels crafts
Decorative tassels crafts, for this DIY project we will need:
- White threads,
- Embroidery threads in gray and blue
- a cardboard tube
- Cold dye dye
- A branch, although you could use any stick
- You must first wrap the white thread around the cardboard tube to make the tassels.
- You can combine different threads and thicknesses to create a set of different textures.
- Then you can place a container of cold water and the dye always following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Then hang the strips of thread with which you will make the tassels and wet them a little so that they take on color.
- Then you will let it dry and you will wind the embroidery thread at the end of each one of them covering about 2 cm in width. Cut the skeins to finish the shape of the tassels
- The result of the tassels will be like this, you should look for them to be of different shades so that they look better.
- Finally, you can hang all the tassels on the wooden stick with pieces of thread, so that the result is a nice decorative pendant like the one we can see in the following image.
Crafts paper flowers during this quarantine
Crafts paper flowers during this quarantine, If we have china paper, or some other type of paper that is thin in our house, we can make some beautiful paper flowers, this craft is easy to make, ideal for entertaining these days of quarantine with our children.
- You can use a darker shade for the sepals and pistils.
- To fix the pieces you can use a wooden stick or a wire.
- You can cover the stem and the base of the flowers with a thread wound and fixed with a knot.
- If in your house you have some type of ribbon, preferably green, you can use it to cover the stick and simulate the stem of the flower.
If you have many types of paper, or with some types of dyes, you can create beautiful flower arrangements, like the one we can see in the following image. remember that the limit is your imagination.
Here are some ideas that you will surely love: