Decor : Wheels for furniture, which one to choose?
The furniture with wheels They allow us to redistribute any space whenever and however you want in a simple and comfortable way. A feature that in small spaces and with more than one use is especially useful as it allows us to make better use of it.
We can buy furniture on wheels; That is the simplest way to have these in our homes. But we can also transform the furniture we already have in order to improve the functionality of a space. Nail furniture wheels It’s all we need
Furniture casters will help us create more versatile and dynamic spaces. In addition, they will facilitate the cleaning of the floors by allowing us to easily move even the heaviest furniture. It will be necessary, however, to pay attention to the type of furniture wheels that we buy, to avoid that they scratch the floor or small accidents.
Types of furniture wheels
Before starting to look for wheels for a specific piece of furniture and letting ourselves be seduced by its aesthetics, it is convenient to be clear about both the measurements and the weight of the furniture, as well as its functionality. These factors may require wheels with certain characteristics:
- Made of what material? It is possible to find on the market wheels made of nylon, polyurethane, rubber, wood, metal … But just as important as the quality of the wheels will be that of the plate, which should preferably be metallic.
- Fixed or rotating? Today most furniture wheels are swivel, however, if this feature is not necessary we could save a few euros by betting on fixed wheels, wheels that move in a single direction.
- With brake or without brake? A desk chair, a waitress to store kitchen utensils, and a side table. They are furniture that does not require a brake. However, this is not the case with a work table or kitchen island; workspaces that would not fulfill their function well if we could not keep them immobile.
- What weight do they support? This is undoubtedly one of the characteristics we will have to look at, especially if the wheels are for heavy furniture. There are wheels that can hold up to 90K of weight. And don’t be fooled; a larger diameter is not always related to their weight resistance.
According to its aesthetics
The mentioned features help us to sift through the many options on the market. But just as important as these is to choose wheels that are in line with its aesthetics. Otherwise, the image of the furniture could “deteriorate”.
- Industrial style. Metal wheels are the most popular to transform industrial style furniture. Vintage-style oversized ones look especially good on vintage-style coffee tables. We can also find wheels in other materials of black color and small sizes completing this furniture. They are more discreet and give a greater prominence to the furniture.
- Rustic style. Rustic-style furniture generally made of wood and with natural or white lacquered finishes, usually benefit from its union with small wheels black. Wheels for furniture that give all the prominence to wood.
- Modern style. Unlike in rustic style furniture, in modern style the wheels are another element to draw attention to. They are larger in size and have well-defined colors. Along with the black wheels, the combined designs in both materials and colors stand out, as well as those in colors such as red, pink or blue.
You can find wheels for furniture in your hardware store trusted as well as in large stores such as Leroy Merlin, Bricomart … Although if you are looking for something more special and with a vintage character, you can always search second-hand stores such as Wallapop or Todocolección.
Do you like furniture with wheels? Don’t you find them very practical?